And welcome to my newsletter for May, 2010! Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be interested in keeping up with me! To receive these newsletters regularly, please drop me an email or subscribe online from my website (http://www.JefMurra
I have posted three new painting images on my website. These are "Strider", "Vingilot", and "The Grey Pilgrim". You can see all of them by going to http://www.JefMurra
Do let me know how these new works strike you!
Chapter 2: The Abbot
Aran, Br. to me: 21 Dec
Am preparing to return. Br. Azarias of Buckfast sends regards and hopes to see you in Rome when next he visits. There was a small fire at the abbey during my stay, but all else uneventful. Please keep me in your prayers.
Father Hildebrand read the note again. There was no mistake. He had been handed the message by his secretary a moment before as he entered his office.
Thus begins the second chapter in an untitled (for the present) tale that I'm posting in serial form. To read all of "The Abbot", please visit my website at http://www.JefMurra
Do let me know what you think of this story as it unfolds! If there is sufficient interest, I will continue posting new chapters as I'm able
- The Banbury Museum in North Oxfordshire (see http://www.cherwell
- Volume 3 of "Silver Leaves", the journal of the White Tree Fund (http://www.whitetre
- MythCon 41, the 41st annual conference of the U.S. Mythopoeic Society, will be held this July 9-12 in Dallas, and I will be attending (see http://www.mythsoc.
- The next full exhibition at Moreton in Marsh, "The Edge of the Wild", will be held August 13-16th. This is a free event, and it will feature not only the latest works from Ted Nasmith, Ruth Lacon and myself, but also will serve as a celebration of the new Hilary Tolkien book, "Wheelbarrows at Dawn: Memories of Hilary Tolkien". In addition, copies of my own new work, an illustrated edition of "The Magic Ring" by Fouque, will also be available at the exhibit. Details and updates will be announced on the ADC Art & Books website (http://www.adcbooks
- For those in or around Wales August 13-15th , please keep in mind that in addition to "Edge of the Wild", there will be a general Tolkien and fantasy-themed conference and exhibition just over the Welsh border. The "Festival in the Shire" (http://www.festival
- For folks interested in original paintings and sketches or prints of my work, please take a look at the ADC Art and Books online catalog at www.adcbooks.
Monday, May 3, 2010