Thursday, August 18, 2011

Re: [ElfstoneLARP] Re: Expectant new players

 

Aiya Scott,

Sadly, Jacob is right - after several solid years of Middle-earthen adventure, including major presences on the Tolkien Track at Dragon*Con (among other places), Elfstone is essentially defunct.  As the rules designer and primary director, I now find it almost impossible to LARP, due to a busy acting career, in addition to participating in LARPing.  And most of our chief members have otherwise occupied lives as well, although, admittedly, there is still an urge to grab a foam latex blade or two and strike off into Mordor (or Stygia or whatever) for some rousing adventure.

Savage Kingdoms is still very largely in the formation stages, and pending further interest, might see the light of Hyboria at some point.  However, as reasons stated above, it's been a long and tortuous road and so we hold our bated breath in hopes that more folks will, not only show deep excitement for this project, but actually step forward to assist.  Like I said, I no longer have the time to do most of the LARP direction and production.

So, aye, stay in touch, and if the winds and the gods are with us, maybe we'll have something up and running in a few months.  Autumn doth often inspire me, after all!  

-MikeY


From: elvenlord44 <the.ranger.of.the.north@gmail.com>
To: ElfstoneLARP@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:02 AM
Subject: [ElfstoneLARP] Re: Expectant new players

 
Hail and well met!
As much as I love to see new interest in Elfstone,It saddens me to tell you that Elfstone has been largely inactive for at least the past three years now. The group just drifted apart after several years of good LARPing in the lands of Middle-earth. Much as I would love to see the group rise from the ashes, I do not see it happening unless there was a huge influx of interest (perhaps from the new Hobbit film in 2013). We have another group called Savage Kingdoms set in the world of Conan the Cimmerion and there was some talk of a combat practice amongst those few of us who remain the last weekend of August. I don't see that a few Elfstone scenarios would be too out of place.

May your swords ever be sharp!
Jacob Holewinski

--- In ElfstoneLARP@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <marshwoodbay@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In ElfstoneLARP@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <marshwoodbay@> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings!
> > I have been interested in your Larp for a number of years now and my son and I find ourselves in the position to finally participate.
> > We have been Larping up north in NJ and now that my son has graduated college and moved down here with me in Florida toget his masters, we can no longer participate on a monthly level at our previous larp.
> >
> > We have been Tolkien fans for many years and always thought it would be wonderful to be part of a Tolkien based larp.
> >
> > I have always played a dwarven character and would like to do so again but I am rather torn between that and being a Beorning Ranger (if that is possible) Both of those characters are very well fleshed out and I have costuming for either.
> >
> > My son will be choosing between his Ranger/minstral or a Knight of Dol Amroth but we both need to dig into the rules before we make any desisions.
> >
> > If anyone has any suggestions based on the flavor of the current gameplay andinvirement, I would welcome them.
> >
> > Scott
> >
>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment